Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Behavior Therapy (BT) have not been given nearly the attention that Psychoanalytic Therapy in the mass media over past decades.
Psychoanalytic Therapy, originally based on the work of Sigmund Freud, has infiltrated the American psyche through literature and popular television. Shows like Frasier, In Treatment, and numerous movies portray therapy as lying on a couch, speaking freely about what comes to mind, with little feedback from the therapist for extended periods of time. While some may find this interesting and helpful, Cognitive and Behavior Therapy (CBT) looks much different in practice. And CBT and BT have lots of scientific support.
One goal of Dr. Fuller is to help educate consumers about how Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Behavior Therapy actually work and how effective they can be for treating mental health issues. CBT and Behavior Therapies can effectively treat a number of issues including phobias, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), panic, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression, anger management problems, relationship issues, substance use disorders, weight management issues, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, etc.
Therefore it is important to provide accurate information about how mental health problems affect people, how they are maintained, and what treatments are effective. While we do not have scientifically supported treatments for every disorder, many problems can be treated. It is important for consumers to know which issues can be treated and what treatments are most effective.
- KATIE COURIC – Bad Habit that are Good for You
- ABC WORLD NEWS WITH DIANE SAWYER – Road Rage
- GOOD MORNING AMERICA – ABC TELEVISION – Road Rage
- THE DAILY – Domestic Violence
- ASSOCIATED PRESS VIDEO – Zimmerman Trial
- INFIDELITY, SOCIAL MEDIA, & POLITICS – NBC NEWS – Anthony Weiner
- HEALTHY LIVING Good Morning America- ABC TELEVISION – Stress Management
- THE DAILY – Powerful Men & Infidelity: Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK), Arnold Schwarzenegger, & Tiger Woods
- OBESITY HEALTH MAGAZINE – Post-Bariatric Surgery & Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- CAREGIVERS MAGAZINE – Anger Management for Caregivers
- BERLINER – Financial Stress, Worries, & Mental Health in New York City
- SEMANA – Infidelity: Compulsive Sexual Behavior & Forgiveness
- JOHN TESH RADIO
- William Shatner’s Weird or What? – Psychotic Disorders – History Channel/Discovery Channel
You can also follow Dr. J Ryan Fuller on Instagram!
Please contact Dr. Fuller for media appearances.
Call (646) 693-3760, or visit the Contact page.
Dr. Fuller Is Available For:
- Television Appearances
- Articles and Research Author
- News Analysts
- Radio Interviews